The Commissioner reported his Final Recommendations for the proposed eleven new local government districts in Northern Ireland and their constituent wards to the Department of the Environment on 22 June 2009. His Final Recommendations Report was then published on 26 June 2009.
In determining his Final Recommendations the Commissioner gave consideration to the written and oral representations received during the public consultation periods for the Provisional and Revised Recommendations. The Report is also informed by the conclusions and recommendations in the Reports of the eleven Assistant Commissioners who held public hearings in each of the proposed new local government districts during November 2008.
The Final Recommendations Report has been published in a number of smaller sections for ease of access. You can view these via the links below.
- Introduction (715Kb)
- Belfast (16.8MB)
- Antrim and Newtownabbey (9MB)
- Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon (9.9MB)
- Causeway Coast and Glens (8.4MB)
- Derry and Strabane (11MB)
- Fermanagh and Omagh (10MB)
- Lisburn and Castlereagh (8.4MB)
- Mid and East Antrim (10.3MB)
- Mid Ulster (9MB)
- Newry, Mourne and Down (9.8MB)
- North Down and Ards (9.1MB)
- Annexes and Acknowledgement (37Kb)
A list of street names and postcodes contained within the proposed local government district wards will be available shortly.